Patil for JVs in IT, agri, education to boost India-Canada ties
Chandigarh: Stressing on strong bilateral
trade and socio-cultural bond shared by India and Canada,
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Tuesday called for augmenting the
bilateral economic and trade ties through partnerships in
areas including IT, agriculture and education.
In a meeting with Stewart Beck, High Commissioner from
Canada, Patil said that there was major scope to expand
economic and business cooperation in wide-range of fields like
Information Technology, marketing agriculture produce, sharing
of educational tools and technologies.
He stressed that Punjab has achieved a major breakthrough
in the agriculture sector and allied fields, and that the
state is emerging as a progressive and vibrant investment
destination, said an official spokesman.
Patil said Punjab`s land is fertile and water from five
rivers is available for irrigation and that bold initiatives
are being taken to generate more power, with focus on tapping
solar energy to meet growing demand in different sector of
He suggested for strengthening partnerships in agri-
related ventures especially food processing that has a
major scope for collaboration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read