Patil for JVs in IT, agri, education to boost India-Canada ties
Chandigarh: Stressing on strong bilateral
trade and socio-cultural bond shared by India and Canada,
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Tuesday called for augmenting the
bilateral economic and trade ties through partnerships in
areas including IT, agriculture and education.
In a meeting with Stewart Beck, High Commissioner from
Canada, Patil said that there was major scope to expand
economic and business cooperation in wide-range of fields like
Information Technology, marketing agriculture produce, sharing
of educational tools and technologies.
He stressed that Punjab has achieved a major breakthrough
in the agriculture sector and allied fields, and that the
state is emerging as a progressive and vibrant investment
destination, said an official spokesman.
Patil said Punjab`s land is fertile and water from five
rivers is available for irrigation and that bold initiatives
are being taken to generate more power, with focus on tapping
solar energy to meet growing demand in different sector of
He suggested for strengthening partnerships in agri-
related ventures especially food processing that has a
major scope for collaboration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi