Power subsidy to continue in Punjab: Badal
Patiala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said power subsidy for agriculture sector and weaker sections will continue.
Talking to media here after presiding over the general
body meeting of the PSEB Engineers Association, the Chief
Minister said it is the duty of the state to provide subsidy
to farmers and weaker section of the society.
Moreover, he said as agriculture is no longer a
profitable venture and has already reached a point of
saturation, therefore, it is the duty of the state government
to help farmers.
"Even the advanced countries like USA were giving very
high subsidies to farmers for ensuring food security, so
there is nothing wrong in giving them to farmers of the state"
He said owing to the "faulty" policies of the Union
government, the governance system of the country has collapsed
and as result of which the country is facing social, economic
and political problems.
Badal said distribution of taxes by the Centre is totally
"unfair" which adversely affect the overall development of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML