Pro-Khalistan posters surface in Patiala
Patiala: The emergence of pro-Khalistan posters in Patiala district has led the local police and intelligence agencies to launch a probe into it. Punjab Police recently spotted many posters and hoardings in the vicinity of Patiala district that referred to the birth anniversary of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, who was killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984.
Official sources alleged that the posters were put up at the behest of SAD (Amritsar) president Simranjit Singh Mann and Sikhs Student Federation.
SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said all such posters and hoardings in the district have been removed.
The Punjab Police will not allow peace in the state to be disturbed, Gill said, adding action will be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in