Pro-Khalistan posters surface in Patiala
Patiala: The emergence of pro-Khalistan posters in Patiala district has led the local police and intelligence agencies to launch a probe into it. Punjab Police recently spotted many posters and hoardings in the vicinity of Patiala district that referred to the birth anniversary of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, who was killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984.
Official sources alleged that the posters were put up at the behest of SAD (Amritsar) president Simranjit Singh Mann and Sikhs Student Federation.
SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said all such posters and hoardings in the district have been removed.
The Punjab Police will not allow peace in the state to be disturbed, Gill said, adding action will be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth