Pro-Khalistan posters surface in Patiala
Patiala: The emergence of pro-Khalistan posters in Patiala district has led the local police and intelligence agencies to launch a probe into it. Punjab Police recently spotted many posters and hoardings in the vicinity of Patiala district that referred to the birth anniversary of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, who was killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984.
Official sources alleged that the posters were put up at the behest of SAD (Amritsar) president Simranjit Singh Mann and Sikhs Student Federation.
SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said all such posters and hoardings in the district have been removed.
The Punjab Police will not allow peace in the state to be disturbed, Gill said, adding action will be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'