Pro-Khalistan posters surface in Patiala
Patiala: The emergence of pro-Khalistan posters in Patiala district has led the local police and intelligence agencies to launch a probe into it. Punjab Police recently spotted many posters and hoardings in the vicinity of Patiala district that referred to the birth anniversary of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, who was killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984.
Official sources alleged that the posters were put up at the behest of SAD (Amritsar) president Simranjit Singh Mann and Sikhs Student Federation.
SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said all such posters and hoardings in the district have been removed.
The Punjab Police will not allow peace in the state to be disturbed, Gill said, adding action will be taken against those involved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview