Punjab: Ambulance hits factory workers, one dies
Ludhiana: A 62-year-old factory worker was killed while four others sustained serious injuries when an ambulance hit them near Sufian Bagh Chowk here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place last night when a group of workers were returning to their homes after finishing their work at a local factory here, police said.
The deceased was identified as Hussain Ali, they said, adding, the injured were rushed to a local hospital where their condition is said to be critical.
The driver of the ambulance and his accomplice were allegedly found to be under the influence of liquor and the vehicle was not carrying any patient, police said.
Both of them have been arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi