Punjab CM warns of stringent action on drug trade
Sultanpur Lodhi: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said strict action will be taken against those involved in drug-trafficking, "however mighty the person might be".
When questioned about the alleged involvement of youth Akali workers during a seizure of huge haul of drugs, Badal said anyone involved in such activities, "will not be spared at any cost, however mighty he may be."
The SAD chief said his party could not be blamed for the involvement of certain individuals.
He also said that the law will take its own course to bring the guilty to the book as state was firmly committed towards zero tolerance on the issue.
He blamed the Centre for showing complacency in checking the menace at the borders effectively as all international borders were exclusively manned by Central agencies and para-military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss