Punjab CM warns of stringent action on drug trade
Sultanpur Lodhi: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said strict action will be taken against those involved in drug-trafficking, "however mighty the person might be".
When questioned about the alleged involvement of youth Akali workers during a seizure of huge haul of drugs, Badal said anyone involved in such activities, "will not be spared at any cost, however mighty he may be."
The SAD chief said his party could not be blamed for the involvement of certain individuals.
He also said that the law will take its own course to bring the guilty to the book as state was firmly committed towards zero tolerance on the issue.
He blamed the Centre for showing complacency in checking the menace at the borders effectively as all international borders were exclusively manned by Central agencies and para-military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing