Punjab CM warns of stringent action on drug trade
Sultanpur Lodhi: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said strict action will be taken against those involved in drug-trafficking, "however mighty the person might be".
When questioned about the alleged involvement of youth Akali workers during a seizure of huge haul of drugs, Badal said anyone involved in such activities, "will not be spared at any cost, however mighty he may be."
The SAD chief said his party could not be blamed for the involvement of certain individuals.
He also said that the law will take its own course to bring the guilty to the book as state was firmly committed towards zero tolerance on the issue.
He blamed the Centre for showing complacency in checking the menace at the borders effectively as all international borders were exclusively manned by Central agencies and para-military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured