Punjab CM warns of stringent action on drug trade
Sultanpur Lodhi: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said strict action will be taken against those involved in drug-trafficking, "however mighty the person might be".
When questioned about the alleged involvement of youth Akali workers during a seizure of huge haul of drugs, Badal said anyone involved in such activities, "will not be spared at any cost, however mighty he may be."
The SAD chief said his party could not be blamed for the involvement of certain individuals.
He also said that the law will take its own course to bring the guilty to the book as state was firmly committed towards zero tolerance on the issue.
He blamed the Centre for showing complacency in checking the menace at the borders effectively as all international borders were exclusively manned by Central agencies and para-military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui