Punjab CM warns of stringent action on drug trade
Sultanpur Lodhi: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said strict action will be taken against those involved in drug-trafficking, "however mighty the person might be".
When questioned about the alleged involvement of youth Akali workers during a seizure of huge haul of drugs, Badal said anyone involved in such activities, "will not be spared at any cost, however mighty he may be."
The SAD chief said his party could not be blamed for the involvement of certain individuals.
He also said that the law will take its own course to bring the guilty to the book as state was firmly committed towards zero tolerance on the issue.
He blamed the Centre for showing complacency in checking the menace at the borders effectively as all international borders were exclusively manned by Central agencies and para-military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report