Punjab govt sets up SIT to stop illegal mining
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to curb the practice of illegal mining in the state.
Three helplines, which would be functional 24x7, have also been set up to enable people to report any case of illegal mining immediately, an official spokesman said here on Friday.
The SIT will comprise IG (Bathinda Range) Nirmal Singh Dhillon as chairperson, and SSP (Ropar) Indermohan Singh, and Joint Director, Industries, Vishav Bandhu, as members, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged