Punjab govt sets up SIT to stop illegal mining
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to curb the practice of illegal mining in the state.
Three helplines, which would be functional 24x7, have also been set up to enable people to report any case of illegal mining immediately, an official spokesman said here on Friday.
The SIT will comprise IG (Bathinda Range) Nirmal Singh Dhillon as chairperson, and SSP (Ropar) Indermohan Singh, and Joint Director, Industries, Vishav Bandhu, as members, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends