Punjab Police bust inter-state gang, 7 held
Mohali, Punjab: Punjab Police have busted an inter-state gang of robbers and arrested seven people, officials said Wednesday.
Police also recovered two pistols, cartridges and other weapons from their possession late Tuesday.
According to police, the gang was planning a major heist in the area when a police team nabbed them from a secluded place near Mullanpur village, close to Chandigarh.
"Acting on a tip-off from our secret source, we laid a trap and arrested this gang of robbers. Police have recovered sophisticated pistols, live cartridges, sharp-edged weapons and two stolen motorcycles from their possession," said district police chief Gurpreet Singh Bhullar.
He added, "This gang has been active in this region for the last many months and were involved in many major robberies. They also have links with similar gangs in other states. We are hoping to solve many pending cases and to make more recoveries after a thorough interrogation."
The arrested were identified as Avtar Singh, Sulakhan Jalli, Anuj alias Khan, Amarinder Rocky, Balwinder Singh, Kulbir Babloo and Balwant Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!