Punjab PWD to focus on infrastructure development
Chandigarh: The Punjab PWD department will focus on completion of critical infrastructure during 2012-12 to provide quality citizen services to the people in the state.
Disclosing this here on Sunday, PWD minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said that as a part of this campaign, the construction of 48 veterinary hospitals would be completed by the department during the next one year with a combined cost of Rs 19 crore.
The minister said out of these total 48 hospitals, 14 are under construction at Tehsil level while 34 would be at Block level by the PWD.
He said that a total cost of Rs 7.55 Crore and Rs 11.49 crore would be spent on these tehsil and block level hospitals respectively.
Meanwhile, giving details about the construction of new state-of-the-art District Administrative Complexes (DAC), Dhillon said that the Punjab Government has finalised a detailed plan to construct hi-tech DACs.
He said that the construction of administrative complexes would soon start in Amritsar, Gurdaspur and Fazilka.
The minsiter added that the under construction five DACs at Tarn Taran, Barnala, Ferozepur, Kapurthala and Ajitgarh would become operational by March 2013 with a combined cost of Rs 270 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday