Punjab`s reformation is NDA govt`s priority: Harsimrat Kaur
Bathinda: Union Minister and senior SAD leader Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Sunday said socio-economic reformation of Punjab is the priority of the NDA government at the Centre while the agenda of Congress is to "loot" the country.
National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the Centre has the agenda of social welfare and socio-economic reformation of Punjab on priority, said the Union Food Processing Industry Minister while addressing gatherings in support of SAD-BJP Assembly poll candidate Jeet Mohinder Sidhu at Rama Mandi near here.
With full support from the Union government, all issues pertaining to agricultural diversification and industrial and economic growth of the state will be resolved soon, she said.
Kaur said the SAD-BJP combine government has put the development of Punjab on fast-track by fixing deadlines for completion of projects and also vowed to make Bathinda a model constituency of the country.
"The infrastructure-based growth model evolved by the SAD-BJP government has a cascading effect on all development parameters," she said.
Asking people to vote for the SAD-BJP candidates for a better future of Punjab, Harsimrat said the NDA government will ensure development of agro-based food processing industries and manufacturing and textiles sectors in the state to create employment opportunities for the youth.
Talking about her ministry, she said diversification and food processing is the need of the hour.
"A lot of foodgrain is being wasted. Diversification coupled with food processing is the need of the hour. Besides adding value to farm produce, we should ensure that the consumer gets the same at a reasonable cost," she said.
Attacking Congress, she said, "The single point agenda of Congress is to loot the country and its resources. The previous UPA regime had ruined the country and its ministers had heavily indulged in corrupt practices," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant