Punjab`s reformation is NDA govt`s priority: Harsimrat Kaur
Bathinda: Union Minister and senior SAD leader Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Sunday said socio-economic reformation of Punjab is the priority of the NDA government at the Centre while the agenda of Congress is to "loot" the country.
National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the Centre has the agenda of social welfare and socio-economic reformation of Punjab on priority, said the Union Food Processing Industry Minister while addressing gatherings in support of SAD-BJP Assembly poll candidate Jeet Mohinder Sidhu at Rama Mandi near here.
With full support from the Union government, all issues pertaining to agricultural diversification and industrial and economic growth of the state will be resolved soon, she said.
Kaur said the SAD-BJP combine government has put the development of Punjab on fast-track by fixing deadlines for completion of projects and also vowed to make Bathinda a model constituency of the country.
"The infrastructure-based growth model evolved by the SAD-BJP government has a cascading effect on all development parameters," she said.
Asking people to vote for the SAD-BJP candidates for a better future of Punjab, Harsimrat said the NDA government will ensure development of agro-based food processing industries and manufacturing and textiles sectors in the state to create employment opportunities for the youth.
Talking about her ministry, she said diversification and food processing is the need of the hour.
"A lot of foodgrain is being wasted. Diversification coupled with food processing is the need of the hour. Besides adding value to farm produce, we should ensure that the consumer gets the same at a reasonable cost," she said.
Attacking Congress, she said, "The single point agenda of Congress is to loot the country and its resources. The previous UPA regime had ruined the country and its ministers had heavily indulged in corrupt practices," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test