Rahul Gandhi to visit Punjab from Wednesday
Chandigarh: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be on a two-day visit to Punjab from Wednesday during which he will interact with party cadres.
After landing at Raja Sansi Airport at Amritsar he will straightway drive to the venue of his first meeting on the Airport Road itself, a party spokesman said here Monday night.
He will be received by the Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh and other senior party leaders from Punjab.
During the first session he will be addressing the office bearers of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, the PCC members, the members of the executive body, the district Congress committee presidents, the block presidents and present and former MPs and MLAs.
The Congress leader will also interact with the heads of the four frontal organisations of the party including the Punjab Mahilla Congress, the NSUI, the Punjab Youth Congress.
Later, he will address a convention being organised by the Punjab Youth Congress on the Attari border.
Next day Rahul will meet the former PCC and district presidents at the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee office.
Later in the day he will address a students` rally being organised by the Punjab unit of the National Students` Union of India in the Punjab University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery