Rahul Gandhi to visit Punjab from Wednesday
Chandigarh: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be on a two-day visit to Punjab from Wednesday during which he will interact with party cadres.
After landing at Raja Sansi Airport at Amritsar he will straightway drive to the venue of his first meeting on the Airport Road itself, a party spokesman said here Monday night.
He will be received by the Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh and other senior party leaders from Punjab.
During the first session he will be addressing the office bearers of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, the PCC members, the members of the executive body, the district Congress committee presidents, the block presidents and present and former MPs and MLAs.
The Congress leader will also interact with the heads of the four frontal organisations of the party including the Punjab Mahilla Congress, the NSUI, the Punjab Youth Congress.
Later, he will address a convention being organised by the Punjab Youth Congress on the Attari border.
Next day Rahul will meet the former PCC and district presidents at the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee office.
Later in the day he will address a students` rally being organised by the Punjab unit of the National Students` Union of India in the Punjab University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state