Ravidassia community part of Sikh faith: SGPC
Amritsar: In the wake of recognition of
Ravidassia community as a separate religion by Dera Sachkhand
Ballan, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee on Thursday
described them as part of the Sikh faith.
"Guru Shri Ravidas was highly respectable in Sikh
community and the Sikh community has high esteem for the
followers of Shri Guru Ravidas as they are inseparable part of
Sikh fold," SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar told reporters
Makkar also thanked Sri Guru Ravidass Sadhu Sampradaye
society for rejecting the separate religion for the community,
declared by Dera Sachkhand Ballan at Seer Gowardhanpur in
Banaras, few days back.
On the issue of former Jatehdar Akal Takht professor
Darshan Singh Ragi who was recently excommunicated from Sikh
fold by Akal Takht (highest Sikh temporal seat) for allegedly
uttering blasphemous remarks about the tenth Sikh master, Guru
Gobind Singh, Makkar said that every Sikh should maintain
distance from him.
"Darshan Singh failed to submit his clarification before
the holy Akal Takht despite numerous opportunities given to
him. So, by doing this Darshan Singh has deliberately
attempted to lower down the dignity of Akal Takht and Sikh
community," Makkar said at the conclusion of Executive
Committee meeting of the SGPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi