SGPC issues directions -- no `Siropa` to Capt
Patiala: The Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak
Committee (SGPC) has issued directions to the management of a
gurudwara here not to present `Siropa` (robe of honour) to
former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh when he will visit the
shrine tomorrow to pay obeisance.
Amarinder Singh, a veteran Congress leader, will visit
his hometown Patiala for the first time tomorrow after the
Supreme Court revoked his expulsion from the Punjab Assembly
During his visit, he will pay obeisance at gurudwara
Sources in the SGPC said the apex religious body of the
Sikhs had issued the directions at the behest of its chief
Avtar Singh Makkar.
They said Makkar was perturbed over the `Siropa`
presented to Amarinder by an SGPC member on Sunday when he
visited the Golden temple in Amritsar.
Gyani Sukhdev Singh, Chief Priest of Dukhniwarn Sahib
gurudwara, said he would abide by the SGPC directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack