SGPC issues directions -- no `Siropa` to Capt
Patiala: The Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak
Committee (SGPC) has issued directions to the management of a
gurudwara here not to present `Siropa` (robe of honour) to
former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh when he will visit the
shrine tomorrow to pay obeisance.
Amarinder Singh, a veteran Congress leader, will visit
his hometown Patiala for the first time tomorrow after the
Supreme Court revoked his expulsion from the Punjab Assembly
During his visit, he will pay obeisance at gurudwara
Sources in the SGPC said the apex religious body of the
Sikhs had issued the directions at the behest of its chief
Avtar Singh Makkar.
They said Makkar was perturbed over the `Siropa`
presented to Amarinder by an SGPC member on Sunday when he
visited the Golden temple in Amritsar.
Gyani Sukhdev Singh, Chief Priest of Dukhniwarn Sahib
gurudwara, said he would abide by the SGPC directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble