Son held for killing father over property dispute
Moga: A man arrested for killing his father over a property dispute was produced in court on Tuesday and was remanded to police custody for four days.
"Amandeep Singh, a resident of Sekhe Kalan village in Moga district, was arrested on Monday and he has already confessed to his crime. He had given his father, Jugraj Singh a glass of milk laced with poison and then also gave him electric shocks to ensure that he was dead. Later, he threw his body inside a septic tank," Darshan Singh, investigation officer of the case, said.
Police also recovered the decomposed body of Jugraj from the septic tank installed inside Amandeep`s house. "We had got a clue about the whereabouts of the body while questioning the house maid," said Singh.
Police said that Amandeep had killed Jugraj and put his body inside the septic tank around five months ago. At that time, Amandeep had also filed a missing person complaint with the police.
"Amandeep was unhappy with his father`s decision of giving around 1.75 acres of land, out of his ancestral property of 5 acres, to his daughter Paramjit Kaur. Amandeep opposed this move of his father but the deceased was adamant and he transferred the land in the name of his daughter," said Darshan Singh.
Moga town is around 150 km from the state capital Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla