Son held for killing father over property dispute
Moga: A man arrested for killing his father over a property dispute was produced in court on Tuesday and was remanded to police custody for four days.
"Amandeep Singh, a resident of Sekhe Kalan village in Moga district, was arrested on Monday and he has already confessed to his crime. He had given his father, Jugraj Singh a glass of milk laced with poison and then also gave him electric shocks to ensure that he was dead. Later, he threw his body inside a septic tank," Darshan Singh, investigation officer of the case, said.
Police also recovered the decomposed body of Jugraj from the septic tank installed inside Amandeep`s house. "We had got a clue about the whereabouts of the body while questioning the house maid," said Singh.
Police said that Amandeep had killed Jugraj and put his body inside the septic tank around five months ago. At that time, Amandeep had also filed a missing person complaint with the police.
"Amandeep was unhappy with his father`s decision of giving around 1.75 acres of land, out of his ancestral property of 5 acres, to his daughter Paramjit Kaur. Amandeep opposed this move of his father but the deceased was adamant and he transferred the land in the name of his daughter," said Darshan Singh.
Moga town is around 150 km from the state capital Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience