Suicide of scribe: Court fixes February 07 for framing of charges
Ambala: A local court on Thursday adjourned for February 7 the hearing on framing of charges in the case of alleged suicide of a local journalist, in which Congress MLA Ram Kishan Gujar is an accused.
Additional Sessions Judge Amarjeet Singh posted the matter for February 7 after hearing both the sides.
The counsel of the prosecution pleaded before the court to conduct arguments for framing charges today, saying the trial has already taken a long time while the defense counsel said the matter was pending with the High Court and case was fixed there for March 10.
The High Court has granted interim bail to Ram Kishan.
A journalist of Naraingarh, Pankaj Khanna, had committed suicide on June 10, 2009.
In his suicide note he had alleged that he was mentally tortured by the MLA and two of his supporters.
Later, on the complaint of the father of the deceased, a case of abetment to suicide was registered against two businessman and Ram Kishan Gujar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iraq forces begin assault on IS bastion Fallujah
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why