Suicide of scribe: Court fixes February 07 for framing of charges
Ambala: A local court on Thursday adjourned for February 7 the hearing on framing of charges in the case of alleged suicide of a local journalist, in which Congress MLA Ram Kishan Gujar is an accused.
Additional Sessions Judge Amarjeet Singh posted the matter for February 7 after hearing both the sides.
The counsel of the prosecution pleaded before the court to conduct arguments for framing charges today, saying the trial has already taken a long time while the defense counsel said the matter was pending with the High Court and case was fixed there for March 10.
The High Court has granted interim bail to Ram Kishan.
A journalist of Naraingarh, Pankaj Khanna, had committed suicide on June 10, 2009.
In his suicide note he had alleged that he was mentally tortured by the MLA and two of his supporters.
Later, on the complaint of the father of the deceased, a case of abetment to suicide was registered against two businessman and Ram Kishan Gujar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union