Sukhbir Singh Badal promises action on issue of missing children
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday assured the state Assembly that the government is examining every single case pertaining to children who went missing under mysterious circumstances in Faridkot district recently.
Raising the issue during the zero hour in the Assembly, Congress MLA Joginder Singh said the government has done nothing on the matter.
Ruling SAD MLA, Deep Malhotra said that at least 28 children had gone missing under mysterious circumstances in the past.
Responding to the issue, Sukhbir said he had ordered a probe into the matter and the concerned Inspector General of Police (IGP) is looking into it.
"We are examining each and every case individually... however so far no criminal intent has come to fore and the complainant family members had made no such allegations in any of their cases," he said and assured the House that necessary action would be taken into the matter.
Later in the evening, National Scheduled Castes Commission Vice Chairman Raj Kumar Verka had deliberations with the Faridkot Deputy Commissioner and the SSP here on the issue.
Faridkot SSP S S Kahlon told Verka that the children were not kidnapped or murdered, but they left their homes due to other reasons, including poverty.
He told Verka that some 11 children had been found from different places and handed back to their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price