Sukhbir Singh Badal promises action on issue of missing children
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday assured the state Assembly that the government is examining every single case pertaining to children who went missing under mysterious circumstances in Faridkot district recently.
Raising the issue during the zero hour in the Assembly, Congress MLA Joginder Singh said the government has done nothing on the matter.
Ruling SAD MLA, Deep Malhotra said that at least 28 children had gone missing under mysterious circumstances in the past.
Responding to the issue, Sukhbir said he had ordered a probe into the matter and the concerned Inspector General of Police (IGP) is looking into it.
"We are examining each and every case individually... however so far no criminal intent has come to fore and the complainant family members had made no such allegations in any of their cases," he said and assured the House that necessary action would be taken into the matter.
Later in the evening, National Scheduled Castes Commission Vice Chairman Raj Kumar Verka had deliberations with the Faridkot Deputy Commissioner and the SSP here on the issue.
Faridkot SSP S S Kahlon told Verka that the children were not kidnapped or murdered, but they left their homes due to other reasons, including poverty.
He told Verka that some 11 children had been found from different places and handed back to their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack