Travel by Air India, Punjab govt asks officials
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday directed its officials to travel by Air India for official tours as well as while availing Leave Travel Concessions.
According to an official release here, the state Finance Department has said that Air India has announced an exclusive travel policy for government officials and it should be availed by them.
It also pointed out that if Air India`s schedule did not match with any official`s travelling schedule or if travelling by the state owned airline was expensive than other airliners, then the official could fly by private airlines.
But, he will have to give a self-certification in this regard and it must be brought to the notice of Heads of Departments, release added.
This communication had been conveyed to all Head of Departments, Commissioners of the Divisions, all Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) for information and necessary action.
These directions have also been conveyed to Registrar of all Universities in the State and Directorate of Public Enterprises and Disinvestment, for implementation in various State Boards and Corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener