Travel by Air India, Punjab govt asks officials
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday directed its officials to travel by Air India for official tours as well as while availing Leave Travel Concessions.
According to an official release here, the state Finance Department has said that Air India has announced an exclusive travel policy for government officials and it should be availed by them.
It also pointed out that if Air India`s schedule did not match with any official`s travelling schedule or if travelling by the state owned airline was expensive than other airliners, then the official could fly by private airlines.
But, he will have to give a self-certification in this regard and it must be brought to the notice of Heads of Departments, release added.
This communication had been conveyed to all Head of Departments, Commissioners of the Divisions, all Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) for information and necessary action.
These directions have also been conveyed to Registrar of all Universities in the State and Directorate of Public Enterprises and Disinvestment, for implementation in various State Boards and Corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala