Travel by Air India, Punjab govt asks officials
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday directed its officials to travel by Air India for official tours as well as while availing Leave Travel Concessions.
According to an official release here, the state Finance Department has said that Air India has announced an exclusive travel policy for government officials and it should be availed by them.
It also pointed out that if Air India`s schedule did not match with any official`s travelling schedule or if travelling by the state owned airline was expensive than other airliners, then the official could fly by private airlines.
But, he will have to give a self-certification in this regard and it must be brought to the notice of Heads of Departments, release added.
This communication had been conveyed to all Head of Departments, Commissioners of the Divisions, all Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) for information and necessary action.
These directions have also been conveyed to Registrar of all Universities in the State and Directorate of Public Enterprises and Disinvestment, for implementation in various State Boards and Corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS