Travel by Air India, Punjab govt asks officials
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday directed its officials to travel by Air India for official tours as well as while availing Leave Travel Concessions.
According to an official release here, the state Finance Department has said that Air India has announced an exclusive travel policy for government officials and it should be availed by them.
It also pointed out that if Air India`s schedule did not match with any official`s travelling schedule or if travelling by the state owned airline was expensive than other airliners, then the official could fly by private airlines.
But, he will have to give a self-certification in this regard and it must be brought to the notice of Heads of Departments, release added.
This communication had been conveyed to all Head of Departments, Commissioners of the Divisions, all Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) for information and necessary action.
These directions have also been conveyed to Registrar of all Universities in the State and Directorate of Public Enterprises and Disinvestment, for implementation in various State Boards and Corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees