Two killed, six injured in road mishap
Hoshiarpur: A woman and her 2-year-old son were killed, while six other passengers sustained injuries when the vehicle they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck here.
The mishap occurred near Ghadiala crossing on the Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway in the wee hours today, police said.
Asha Devi (32) and her son Manik, who hailed from Akhnoor district of Jammu and Kashmir, died on the spot, they said, adding that the injured have been admitted to a government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'