Two killed, six injured in road mishap
Hoshiarpur: A woman and her 2-year-old son were killed, while six other passengers sustained injuries when the vehicle they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck here.
The mishap occurred near Ghadiala crossing on the Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway in the wee hours today, police said.
Asha Devi (32) and her son Manik, who hailed from Akhnoor district of Jammu and Kashmir, died on the spot, they said, adding that the injured have been admitted to a government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- England V Pakistan: James Anderson doubtful for first Test, fractures right shoulder
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Ready to Pay $10 billion to settle US claims
- Aston Martin begins production of new Twin-Turbo V12 Engine
- Scotland seeks immediate EU talks to protect place in bloc
- Bihar toppers scam: Arts topper Ruby Rai arrested