3 doctors suspended in Jodhpur maternal death case
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Thursday suspended
three doctors in connection with the death of women who were
given intravenous fluid in two state-run hospitals in Jodhpur.
The action came after the government received the report
by Divisional Commissioner of Jodhpur on the incidents, Health
Minister A.A.Khan said in the state assembly.
"On the basis of the preliminary findings of Jodhpur
Divisional Commissioner, HoD Gynecology of Jodhpur Medical
College, Dr. Sumitra Boda was suspended for failure in
supervision", he said.
"Assistant Professor (Surgery) and Incharge (store) of
Mahatma Gandhi Hospital Dr Ajay Malvia and Assistant Professor
(Pediatrics) and Incharge (store) Umaid Hospital Dr Mohan
Makwana were also suspended for alleged irregularities in the
purchase of medicine", Khan said.
Sixteen women have died in the two government-run
hospitals in Jodhpur after they were administered contaminated
IV fluid, post-delivery.
One sample of the IV fluid has been found contaminated in
the testing by central drug laboratory in Kolkata while a PGI,
Chandigarh team, also held the contaminated IV fluid
responsible for the maternal deaths in its report which was
submitted to the government yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!