3 doctors suspended in Jodhpur maternal death case
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Thursday suspended
three doctors in connection with the death of women who were
given intravenous fluid in two state-run hospitals in Jodhpur.
The action came after the government received the report
by Divisional Commissioner of Jodhpur on the incidents, Health
Minister A.A.Khan said in the state assembly.
"On the basis of the preliminary findings of Jodhpur
Divisional Commissioner, HoD Gynecology of Jodhpur Medical
College, Dr. Sumitra Boda was suspended for failure in
supervision", he said.
"Assistant Professor (Surgery) and Incharge (store) of
Mahatma Gandhi Hospital Dr Ajay Malvia and Assistant Professor
(Pediatrics) and Incharge (store) Umaid Hospital Dr Mohan
Makwana were also suspended for alleged irregularities in the
purchase of medicine", Khan said.
Sixteen women have died in the two government-run
hospitals in Jodhpur after they were administered contaminated
IV fluid, post-delivery.
One sample of the IV fluid has been found contaminated in
the testing by central drug laboratory in Kolkata while a PGI,
Chandigarh team, also held the contaminated IV fluid
responsible for the maternal deaths in its report which was
submitted to the government yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!