After Rahul Gandhi, PM and Sonia Gandhi to visit Rajasthan
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Rajasthan on September 21 and 22, respectively, to inaugurate metro and oil refinery projects in the state.
After the flag off ceremony of Jaipur Metro Rail, state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot told reporters that his government has invited the PM and Congress president for separate special events of foundation-laying ceremonies of Metro rail and oil refinery.
On September 21, the PM will lay the foundation stone for the next phase of the Metro Rail project between Chandpole and Bari-Chaupar. Later that day, Dr Singh will lay the foundation stone for a proposed airport at Kishangarh.
On September 22, Sonia Gandhi will lay the foundation stone for the oil refinery at Pachpadara in Barmer district.
Accusing opposition parties like the BJP of pursuing pro-rich policies, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on September 17 said his mission in politics was to make the poor dream big.
Addressing a huge rally in Rajasthan after presiding over functions aimed at improving irrigation and power supply, Gandhi sought to identify the country`s oldest party with the poor.
"We want that the poorest of poor are able to realise their dreams. We want women should be able to realise their dreams. Otherwise, there is no interest in politics for us," he said to applause. This was his second rally in Rajasthan in seven days.
In his about 20-minute speech, Gandhi took a veiled dig at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
He said people come and make tall claims but the Congress delivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read