Another Rajasthan Congress MLA accused of sexually assaulting married woman
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: In more embarrassment for the Congress government in Rajasthan, party MLA Udai Lal Anjana of Nimbahera constituency has been accused of sexually assaulting a married woman, reports said on Saturday.
The alleged victim who hails from Nagaur district has accused the MLA of cheating her on pretext of marriage.
The married woman has alleged that Anjana had sexual relations with her and promised to marry her. She also claimed that she had undergone abortion on the directions of the Congress MLA.
The present episode is certain to bring in more trouble for Ashok Gehlot-led government, which is already reeling under the Opposition fire after a married woman had accused Minister of State for Khadi and Rural Industries and Dairy (independent charge) Babu Lal Nagar of rape.
Nagar, who has resigned from the Cabinet, has been booked for raping a 35-year-old woman at his residence on the pretext of providing her a `suitable job`.
The woman in her complaint had said that the Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies asked her to visit him on September 11, and later sexually assaulted her.
A first information report (FIR) was registered against Nagar under Sections 376 (rape) and 323 (causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code at Sodala police station.
A police officer said the complainant was a married woman. She had approached a court recently, and the court directed police to register the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?