Asaram case: Girl suffering from disease that draws her to man, says Jethmalani
Jodhpur: Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani, who appeared as defence counsel for self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, accused of sexually assaulting a minor, argued in the Rajasthan High Court on Monday that the FIR, the scene of crime, age of the girl and the entire case itself was fabricated.
Jethmalani mentioned that the girl (victim) was afflicted with a chronic disease, "which draws a woman to a man", and said this was subject to police investigation.
The HC on Monday deferred till September 18 the hearing on the bail petition of Asaram, in jail for alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl.
The high court, which started the hearing of the case yesterday, also directed the prosecution to produce the case diary in the court on next hearing.
After completion of arguments by the defence, Justice Nirmal Jeet Kaur deferred the proceedings till September 18 and directed the prosecution to put up the case diary in the court on the next date.
One of the prosecution counsel, Pradhyumn Singh, said that since the defence completed its arguments today, the prosecution will carry out its arguments on the next hearing.
He said that there are two case diaries, one each of the investigations in Chhindwara and Ahmedabad, and both will be produced before the court as per its directives.
Meanwhile, Asaram and his aide Shiva appeared before the District and Sessions` Court today, which extended their judicial custody till September 30.
During their appearance, Asaram personally requested the judge to accept his request of allowing his personal female doctor to treat his "chronic neurological disease", referred to by him as "trinadi shool".
When asked about the disease, he told the judge that it is a disorder which deprives him of a sound sleep.
Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas, however, refused to consider the plea in the absence of defence counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof