ATS seeks longer custody for Ajmer blast accused
Ajmer (Rajasthan): The Rajasthan Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Tuesday sought more time from the city`s Session`s Court for the judicial remand of Ajmer Dargah blast accused Lokesh Sharma.
Meanwhile, the Defence lawyer Vikram Dube alleged police brutality and said that he would file an application on the torture Sharma has undergone, during the hearing.
"There is a lot of pressure on Lokesh by the ATS and he is being tortured, so we are filing an application, in which we would be demanding another medical test to be conducted on Lokesh Sharma, so that the reasons of the marks on his thighs can become clear," said Dube.
"Secondly, the ATS is conspiring falsely against him. They are making him sign documents which he is not able to read and presenting them in front of the court," he added.
The court has sent Sharma to jail till its next hearing, which may take place on June 14.
The Rajasthan ATS detained Sharma on May 14, after arresting two others, Chandrashekhar Borad and Devendra Gupta, on April 29 in connection with the blast.
At least three persons were killed and over 15 others were injured in the Ajmer Dargah blast in 2007. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?