Bhanwari Devi case: CBI seizes more CDs
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday seized over 140 CDs from a bank locker allegedly owned by missing nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The team, which was in Ajmer in search of the locker, were looking for an alleged CD showing Bhanwari in a compromising position with sacked minister Mahipal Maderna.
In one of the two audio clips which surfaced last week, Bhanwari Devi mentioned about a CD hidden in a bank locker in Ajmer.
The audio clip also has Bhanwari Devi in a telephonic conversation allegedly with legislator Malkhan Singh`s sister Indra in Rajasthani dialect. Another audio clip had her speaking with Vishnoi.
The CBI has meanwhile stumbled upon clues suggesting that Bhanwari had relations with three Rajasthan ministers and three senior officials besides Maderna.
The CBI has come across huge wealth amassed by the nurse despite the fact that she drew a salary of only Rs 8,000 per month. The agency is investigating her source of income also.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 01. Maderna was sacked from the cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 16 over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance after she started blackmailing him on the basis of a CD showing both in a compromising position.
"The CBI has got clues that Bhanwari had relations with not only Maderana, but also some other prominent and powerful people in the state including three ministers and three IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officers," a senior police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
However, the officer refused to divulge the name of these politicians and bureaucrats.
Sources said that the CBI had recently recovered CDs from the house of Sohan Lal Vishnoi, a key suspect in Bhanwari Devi kidnapping case who has been arrested by the police.
"It is possible that Bhanwari was blackmailing not only Maderna, but some other people also on the basis of sex CDs," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof