Bhanwari Devi case: CBI seizes more CDs
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday seized over 140 CDs from a bank locker allegedly owned by missing nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The team, which was in Ajmer in search of the locker, were looking for an alleged CD showing Bhanwari in a compromising position with sacked minister Mahipal Maderna.
In one of the two audio clips which surfaced last week, Bhanwari Devi mentioned about a CD hidden in a bank locker in Ajmer.
The audio clip also has Bhanwari Devi in a telephonic conversation allegedly with legislator Malkhan Singh`s sister Indra in Rajasthani dialect. Another audio clip had her speaking with Vishnoi.
The CBI has meanwhile stumbled upon clues suggesting that Bhanwari had relations with three Rajasthan ministers and three senior officials besides Maderna.
The CBI has come across huge wealth amassed by the nurse despite the fact that she drew a salary of only Rs 8,000 per month. The agency is investigating her source of income also.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 01. Maderna was sacked from the cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 16 over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance after she started blackmailing him on the basis of a CD showing both in a compromising position.
"The CBI has got clues that Bhanwari had relations with not only Maderana, but also some other prominent and powerful people in the state including three ministers and three IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officers," a senior police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
However, the officer refused to divulge the name of these politicians and bureaucrats.
Sources said that the CBI had recently recovered CDs from the house of Sohan Lal Vishnoi, a key suspect in Bhanwari Devi kidnapping case who has been arrested by the police.
"It is possible that Bhanwari was blackmailing not only Maderna, but some other people also on the basis of sex CDs," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users