Bhanwari trial: Hearing adjourned till July 25
Jodhpur: Hearing in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case was on Saturday adjourned till July 25 as the magistrate had not assumed charge of the ACJM court (SC/ST cases).
The postponement of the trail has again put the Jodhpur Central Jail administration in a fix over re-shifting Mahipal Maderna, former minister and one of the main accused of the case, to Jaipur jail.
Maderna, who is a prisoner of Jaipur jail, came here for hearing and is since then lodged in Jodhpur jail as he was advised bed rest.
After the medical board strongly recommended surgery for his prolapsed disc, he continued to avoid surgery and preferred to rest in the jail.
When the jail administration asked him about his decision regarding surgery, he reverted back with a questionnaire seeking clarification regarding some post-operative doubts.
Jail Superintendent AR Niyazi said that since the next hearing in only after 4 days, there is no point sending him to Jaipur. "But still we will discuss the issue on Sunday that what is to be done in the matter," he added.
Owing to this problem, Maderna is constantly evading presence in the court.
So far, he has made only one presence in the court, since the trial of the case commenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study