Bhanwari trial: Hearing adjourned till July 25
Jodhpur: Hearing in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case was on Saturday adjourned till July 25 as the magistrate had not assumed charge of the ACJM court (SC/ST cases).
The postponement of the trail has again put the Jodhpur Central Jail administration in a fix over re-shifting Mahipal Maderna, former minister and one of the main accused of the case, to Jaipur jail.
Maderna, who is a prisoner of Jaipur jail, came here for hearing and is since then lodged in Jodhpur jail as he was advised bed rest.
After the medical board strongly recommended surgery for his prolapsed disc, he continued to avoid surgery and preferred to rest in the jail.
When the jail administration asked him about his decision regarding surgery, he reverted back with a questionnaire seeking clarification regarding some post-operative doubts.
Jail Superintendent AR Niyazi said that since the next hearing in only after 4 days, there is no point sending him to Jaipur. "But still we will discuss the issue on Sunday that what is to be done in the matter," he added.
Owing to this problem, Maderna is constantly evading presence in the court.
So far, he has made only one presence in the court, since the trial of the case commenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM