BJP MLA on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jaipur: A BJP MLA on indefinite fast in Beawar town in Ajmer district was hospitalised after his health deteriorated last night.
The legislator Shankar Singh Rawat was on a fast unto death since July 1 to press for Beawar to be given the status of district, and water supply from Bisalpur dam.
"His health was falling. So, on the basis of a medical report, he was hospitalised. He is recovering now," SDM Beawar Priyanka Jodhawat said today.
Rawat said that his fast has been broken and now he will relaunch his agitation soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez