BJP MLA on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jaipur: A BJP MLA on indefinite fast in Beawar town in Ajmer district was hospitalised after his health deteriorated last night.
The legislator Shankar Singh Rawat was on a fast unto death since July 1 to press for Beawar to be given the status of district, and water supply from Bisalpur dam.
"His health was falling. So, on the basis of a medical report, he was hospitalised. He is recovering now," SDM Beawar Priyanka Jodhawat said today.
Rawat said that his fast has been broken and now he will relaunch his agitation soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof