BJP MLA on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jaipur: A BJP MLA on indefinite fast in Beawar town in Ajmer district was hospitalised after his health deteriorated last night.
The legislator Shankar Singh Rawat was on a fast unto death since July 1 to press for Beawar to be given the status of district, and water supply from Bisalpur dam.
"His health was falling. So, on the basis of a medical report, he was hospitalised. He is recovering now," SDM Beawar Priyanka Jodhawat said today.
Rawat said that his fast has been broken and now he will relaunch his agitation soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference