BJP MLA on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jaipur: A BJP MLA on indefinite fast in Beawar town in Ajmer district was hospitalised after his health deteriorated last night.
The legislator Shankar Singh Rawat was on a fast unto death since July 1 to press for Beawar to be given the status of district, and water supply from Bisalpur dam.
"His health was falling. So, on the basis of a medical report, he was hospitalised. He is recovering now," SDM Beawar Priyanka Jodhawat said today.
Rawat said that his fast has been broken and now he will relaunch his agitation soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue