CBI constitutes SIT to probe Bharatpur violence
New Delhi: CBI has constituted a special
investigation team, headed by an SP, to probe riots in
Bharatpur district of Rajasthan in which 10 people were killed
in clashes between two communities last month.
The clashes took place in Jama Masjid area in Gopalgarh
between Mev Muslim community and Gujjars over a land-related
"The CBI has registered five cases (yesterday) relating to
the reported rioting between two communities, other related
offences and alleged police firing at Gopalgarh under
relevant sections of the IPC.
"A Special Investigation Team (SIT), headed by an SP, has
been constituted for expeditious investigation of these
cases," a CBI spokesperson said here.
An inquiry into the matter was referred to the CBI by the
Ashok Gehlot government and a judicial probe was also on.
The National Commission for Minorities has held the state
government responsible for the clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj