CBI may tell court Bhanwari Devi is dead
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is likely to file a report in the Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday stating that missing nurse Bhanwari Devi is dead, sources in the probe agency said here on Monday.
The report is in connection with a habeas corpus petition filed by Bhanwari Devi`s husband Amarchand before he was arrested by the CBI on charges of being involved in the conspiracy of his wife`s disappearance.
During the last hearing, the CBI said that the nurse had been killed but the court demanded a closure report from the agency.
Amarchand was arrested on December 8 by the CBI. On September 20, he had filed the petition in the High Court accusing some influential people of being involved in her wife`s abduction.
"The case has almost been cracked as the remains of the nurse`s body have been recovered. Son of the nurse, Sahil, has confirmed that some of the items recovered from a 25-feet-deep crater and the canal, including a watch and some jewellery, belong to her," said a source close to the CBI.
Teams of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory and the CBI recovered two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, earrings, a locket, a watch and bracelet during a search that continued for three days.
Bhanwari Devi, who allegedly features in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing on September 1 last year.
Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh are among those who have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!