Churu in Rajasthan remains hottest with 47 degrees
Jaipur: The scorching sun gave no respite to the people of Rajasthan, with Churu continuing to remain the hottest place in the desert state with a maximum of 47 degrees Celsius.
Sizzling heat affected normal life at many places with Sriganganagar, Kota, Bikaner and Jaipur recording day`s temperatures of 46.6, 45.8, 44.5 and 43.5 deg C respectively.
In other places also, mercury during the day remained between 40.1 to 41.9 deg C, according to Met department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured