Cold wave sweeps across Rajasthan, Churu shivers at 1.5 C
Jaipur: Cold wave conditions and dense fog continued across Rajasthan on Wednesday where Churu was the coldest place with a low of 1.5 degrees Celsius.
The biting cold has disrupted normal life affecting movement of trains and vehicular traffic in the state for the last few days.
North Western Railway has cancelled one train Ajmer- Siyaldah Express, while rescheduled three trains, a railway official said.
Eight trains were running late from one hour to six hours due to intense fog, he added.
Traffic jams were observed on the Delhi-Jaipur, Jaipur-Agra, Jaipur-Kota and Jaipur-Udaipur highway due to fog, a Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation official said.
Mercury dipped at all places in the state by two to three degrees C last night as the north-westernly winds hit the state, a MeT official said today.
Mount Abu, the sole hill station, recorded a minimum of 3 degree C, which was minus two degrees below normal, followed by Pilani 4.5, Bikaner 5.1, Sriganganagar 5.4, Jaisalmer 6.2, Barmer 7.4, Jaipur 7.5, Jodhpur 9.2, and Ajmer 10 degree C.
Cold wave conditions would further intensify in next two days in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’