CRPF jawan arrested on charges of raping minor girl
Jaipur: A CRPF jawan was today arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Rajasthan`s Ajmer district, police said.
Ajmer deputy superintendent of police Vaibhav Sharma said the accused, Mojinder Verma (31), was arrested after an FIR was lodged at Ganj police station by the girl`s mother late yesterday night.
The CRPF jawan has been booked under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO).
The police officer said that they were awaiting medical reports of the girl and the accused. Police have found a CCTV footage in which the accused is seen leading the girl towards a room, Sharma said, adding that the girl is mentally-challenged.
The accused was produced before a court which sent him to a day`s police remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir