CRPF jawan arrested on charges of raping minor girl
Jaipur: A CRPF jawan was today arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Rajasthan`s Ajmer district, police said.
Ajmer deputy superintendent of police Vaibhav Sharma said the accused, Mojinder Verma (31), was arrested after an FIR was lodged at Ganj police station by the girl`s mother late yesterday night.
The CRPF jawan has been booked under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO).
The police officer said that they were awaiting medical reports of the girl and the accused. Police have found a CCTV footage in which the accused is seen leading the girl towards a room, Sharma said, adding that the girl is mentally-challenged.
The accused was produced before a court which sent him to a day`s police remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster