CRPF jawan arrested on charges of raping minor girl
Jaipur: A CRPF jawan was today arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Rajasthan`s Ajmer district, police said.
Ajmer deputy superintendent of police Vaibhav Sharma said the accused, Mojinder Verma (31), was arrested after an FIR was lodged at Ganj police station by the girl`s mother late yesterday night.
The CRPF jawan has been booked under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO).
The police officer said that they were awaiting medical reports of the girl and the accused. Police have found a CCTV footage in which the accused is seen leading the girl towards a room, Sharma said, adding that the girl is mentally-challenged.
The accused was produced before a court which sent him to a day`s police remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch