CRPF jawan arrested on charges of raping minor girl
Jaipur: A CRPF jawan was today arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Rajasthan`s Ajmer district, police said.
Ajmer deputy superintendent of police Vaibhav Sharma said the accused, Mojinder Verma (31), was arrested after an FIR was lodged at Ganj police station by the girl`s mother late yesterday night.
The CRPF jawan has been booked under IPC sections 376 (rape) and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO).
The police officer said that they were awaiting medical reports of the girl and the accused. Police have found a CCTV footage in which the accused is seen leading the girl towards a room, Sharma said, adding that the girl is mentally-challenged.
The accused was produced before a court which sent him to a day`s police remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir