Dara encounter: Cop surrenders before CBI court
Jaipur: A senior Rajasthan police officer,
evading arrest in the Dara Singh fake encounter case, on Wednesday
surrendered before a special CBI court here.
Arshad Ali, Additional SP, was part of the Special
Operation Group of the Rajasthan Police which gunned down
criminal Dara Singh here in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
He surrendered before the court of Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate, CBI, which sent him to judicial
custody till November 14.
Ten accused, including Ali, are behind bars now while
five, including senior IPS officer A K Jain, are absconding.
Dara Singh was killed by the SOG allegedly in a fake
encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area
on the outskirts of Jaipur.
Dara`s widow Sushila had challenged the encounter terming
it as fake following which Supreme Court ordered a CBI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef