Dara encounter: Cop surrenders before CBI court
Jaipur: A senior Rajasthan police officer,
evading arrest in the Dara Singh fake encounter case, on Wednesday
surrendered before a special CBI court here.
Arshad Ali, Additional SP, was part of the Special
Operation Group of the Rajasthan Police which gunned down
criminal Dara Singh here in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
He surrendered before the court of Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate, CBI, which sent him to judicial
custody till November 14.
Ten accused, including Ali, are behind bars now while
five, including senior IPS officer A K Jain, are absconding.
Dara Singh was killed by the SOG allegedly in a fake
encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area
on the outskirts of Jaipur.
Dara`s widow Sushila had challenged the encounter terming
it as fake following which Supreme Court ordered a CBI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees