Dara encounter: Cop surrenders before CBI court
Jaipur: A senior Rajasthan police officer,
evading arrest in the Dara Singh fake encounter case, on Wednesday
surrendered before a special CBI court here.
Arshad Ali, Additional SP, was part of the Special
Operation Group of the Rajasthan Police which gunned down
criminal Dara Singh here in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
He surrendered before the court of Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate, CBI, which sent him to judicial
custody till November 14.
Ten accused, including Ali, are behind bars now while
five, including senior IPS officer A K Jain, are absconding.
Dara Singh was killed by the SOG allegedly in a fake
encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area
on the outskirts of Jaipur.
Dara`s widow Sushila had challenged the encounter terming
it as fake following which Supreme Court ordered a CBI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened