Dara encounter: Cop surrenders before CBI court
Jaipur: A senior Rajasthan police officer,
evading arrest in the Dara Singh fake encounter case, on Wednesday
surrendered before a special CBI court here.
Arshad Ali, Additional SP, was part of the Special
Operation Group of the Rajasthan Police which gunned down
criminal Dara Singh here in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
He surrendered before the court of Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate, CBI, which sent him to judicial
custody till November 14.
Ten accused, including Ali, are behind bars now while
five, including senior IPS officer A K Jain, are absconding.
Dara Singh was killed by the SOG allegedly in a fake
encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area
on the outskirts of Jaipur.
Dara`s widow Sushila had challenged the encounter terming
it as fake following which Supreme Court ordered a CBI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September