Efforts on to pull out Jaipur boy from borewell
Jaipur: Rescuers were today manually digging a pit near the 150 feet deep borewell in which a four-year-old boy has been stuck for the past two days in Jagatpura village of the district.
After digging nearly 75-80 feet deep with the help of machines in the past two days, rescuers started manually digging the pit this morning.
A member of the rescue operation Sanjeev Sankhla said pipes will be lowered in the pit for safe and speedy digging.
According to him, the work is expected to be completed by evening or night and after that a connecting tunnel will be made to pull the boy out from the borewell.
The boy, who had fallen into borewell on Monday morning while playing with his elder sister, is showing no movement.
However, oxygen is being continuously supplied and medical experts are on the site, an official said.
Prayers are being organised in the village for the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday