Farmer beheaded in Rajasthan
Udaipur: A headless body of a farmer was found in a farm in Nela village near here this afternoon, police said.
Heera Lal (55) was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons who beheaded him, In-charge of Goverdhan Vilas police station Attaurrahaman said.
Enraged over the gruesome killing, the family members refused to hand over the body for post mortem.
They also refused to perform the final rites till the head was recovered.
Efforts were being made to trace the head, the police official said.
Heera is the cousin of Bhimraj Gameti, a former panchayat member of Savina village, who committed suicide yesterday allegedly due to pressure of land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya