Farmer beheaded in Rajasthan
Udaipur: A headless body of a farmer was found in a farm in Nela village near here this afternoon, police said.
Heera Lal (55) was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons who beheaded him, In-charge of Goverdhan Vilas police station Attaurrahaman said.
Enraged over the gruesome killing, the family members refused to hand over the body for post mortem.
They also refused to perform the final rites till the head was recovered.
Efforts were being made to trace the head, the police official said.
Heera is the cousin of Bhimraj Gameti, a former panchayat member of Savina village, who committed suicide yesterday allegedly due to pressure of land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi