Farmer beheaded in Rajasthan
Udaipur: A headless body of a farmer was found in a farm in Nela village near here this afternoon, police said.
Heera Lal (55) was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons who beheaded him, In-charge of Goverdhan Vilas police station Attaurrahaman said.
Enraged over the gruesome killing, the family members refused to hand over the body for post mortem.
They also refused to perform the final rites till the head was recovered.
Efforts were being made to trace the head, the police official said.
Heera is the cousin of Bhimraj Gameti, a former panchayat member of Savina village, who committed suicide yesterday allegedly due to pressure of land mafia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India