Farmer beheaded in Rajasthan
Udaipur: A headless body of a farmer was found in a farm in Nela village near here this afternoon, police said.
Heera Lal (55) was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons who beheaded him, In-charge of Goverdhan Vilas police station Attaurrahaman said.
Enraged over the gruesome killing, the family members refused to hand over the body for post mortem.
They also refused to perform the final rites till the head was recovered.
Efforts were being made to trace the head, the police official said.
Heera is the cousin of Bhimraj Gameti, a former panchayat member of Savina village, who committed suicide yesterday allegedly due to pressure of land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing