Farmer beheaded in Rajasthan
Udaipur: A headless body of a farmer was found in a farm in Nela village near here this afternoon, police said.
Heera Lal (55) was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons who beheaded him, In-charge of Goverdhan Vilas police station Attaurrahaman said.
Enraged over the gruesome killing, the family members refused to hand over the body for post mortem.
They also refused to perform the final rites till the head was recovered.
Efforts were being made to trace the head, the police official said.
Heera is the cousin of Bhimraj Gameti, a former panchayat member of Savina village, who committed suicide yesterday allegedly due to pressure of land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him