Harassed by police, lawyer commits suicide
Jaipur: A lawyer allegedly committed suicide
after he was said to be harassed by the police, prompting the
Rajasthan High Court to order a CBI inquiry into the matter.
Body of Murlidhar Yadav was found in a well in Barwarda village near Samod town in the district this morning, following which advocates in the High Court and Sessions Court boycotted work and protested on roads.
"Prima facie, the advocate committed suicide," police
Justice Mahesh Sharma of the Rajasthan High Court ordered
a CBI inquiry while hearing a petition filed by Bar
Association of the High Court and directed the investigation
agency to file status report by January 13.
Following the court order, the CBI has registered a case.
Yadav`s family members alleged that he was being harassed
by the police in connection with a case of scuffle lodged
against him with the Murlipura police station, police said.
As soon as advocates in the courts came to know about the
alleged suicide by Yadav, they boycotted work and protested on
roads near the Sessions Court and the High Court and blocked
Tension prevailed in the area as the agitating advocates
tried to damage a police van in which security force was sent
to control the situation near the Sessions Court.
Demanding immediate arrest of the accused, the advocates
have announced that they will continue their boycott tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery