House adjoured following uproar in Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Bedlam prevailed in Rajasthan
Assembly Friday as the opposition protested against state excise minister Rajendra Pareek`s alleged involvement in illegal spirit trade.
Referring to a media report, which alleged the
involvement of Pareek, BJP sought a reply from the minister
during the Zero Hour even as the entire opposition protested
against the Congress government leading to a half an hour
adjournment of the House.
The report, which was published in a local daily had
alleged that the minister was involved in the illegal trade
besides protecting a spirit company of Sikar area, in which
another Congress MLA Prakash Choudhary is also said to be
However, Pareek denied involvement in any such business.
Rejecting the allegations, Pareek said that such
newspapers were losing their credibility by publishing such
Deputy leader of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari sought a
reply from the Chief Minister on the issue.
The Opposition BJP boycotted the House, objecting to the
state tourism minister Bina Kak`s comment on the previous BJP
government in connection with a lease allotment to a private
company following which the party boycotted the House.
The uproar began when Kak during her reply to a question
asked by BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal related to Mansagar lake
project, said that the previous BJP government wanted
partnership in the project. The reply irked the deputy leader
of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari and BJP whip Rajendra Rathore.
With vociferous protests, the opposition BJP rushed to
the well following which the speaker assured them to expunge
the remarks of the minister from the record.
They returned back to their seats but minutes after
Tiwari announced to boycott the House.
Before their boycott, the Minister informed the House
that a private firm Jal Mahal Resorts pvt ltd was working as
per lease documents for developing facilities near the
Mansagar lake which included resort, craft village,restaurant,
food court and an amusement park.
She said that conservation work of the lake was being
carried by the Jaipur Development Authority (of the state
government) under a central government scheme and an empowered
committee of the state government will work for maintenance of
the lake once conservation work completes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Talk to 'voices of dissent' in Kashmir, CPI-M tells Rajnath Singh
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu