House adjoured following uproar in Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Bedlam prevailed in Rajasthan
Assembly Friday as the opposition protested against state excise minister Rajendra Pareek`s alleged involvement in illegal spirit trade.
Referring to a media report, which alleged the
involvement of Pareek, BJP sought a reply from the minister
during the Zero Hour even as the entire opposition protested
against the Congress government leading to a half an hour
adjournment of the House.
The report, which was published in a local daily had
alleged that the minister was involved in the illegal trade
besides protecting a spirit company of Sikar area, in which
another Congress MLA Prakash Choudhary is also said to be
However, Pareek denied involvement in any such business.
Rejecting the allegations, Pareek said that such
newspapers were losing their credibility by publishing such
Deputy leader of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari sought a
reply from the Chief Minister on the issue.
The Opposition BJP boycotted the House, objecting to the
state tourism minister Bina Kak`s comment on the previous BJP
government in connection with a lease allotment to a private
company following which the party boycotted the House.
The uproar began when Kak during her reply to a question
asked by BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal related to Mansagar lake
project, said that the previous BJP government wanted
partnership in the project. The reply irked the deputy leader
of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari and BJP whip Rajendra Rathore.
With vociferous protests, the opposition BJP rushed to
the well following which the speaker assured them to expunge
the remarks of the minister from the record.
They returned back to their seats but minutes after
Tiwari announced to boycott the House.
Before their boycott, the Minister informed the House
that a private firm Jal Mahal Resorts pvt ltd was working as
per lease documents for developing facilities near the
Mansagar lake which included resort, craft village,restaurant,
food court and an amusement park.
She said that conservation work of the lake was being
carried by the Jaipur Development Authority (of the state
government) under a central government scheme and an empowered
committee of the state government will work for maintenance of
the lake once conservation work completes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'