House adjoured following uproar in Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Bedlam prevailed in Rajasthan
Assembly Friday as the opposition protested against state excise minister Rajendra Pareek`s alleged involvement in illegal spirit trade.
Referring to a media report, which alleged the
involvement of Pareek, BJP sought a reply from the minister
during the Zero Hour even as the entire opposition protested
against the Congress government leading to a half an hour
adjournment of the House.
The report, which was published in a local daily had
alleged that the minister was involved in the illegal trade
besides protecting a spirit company of Sikar area, in which
another Congress MLA Prakash Choudhary is also said to be
However, Pareek denied involvement in any such business.
Rejecting the allegations, Pareek said that such
newspapers were losing their credibility by publishing such
Deputy leader of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari sought a
reply from the Chief Minister on the issue.
The Opposition BJP boycotted the House, objecting to the
state tourism minister Bina Kak`s comment on the previous BJP
government in connection with a lease allotment to a private
company following which the party boycotted the House.
The uproar began when Kak during her reply to a question
asked by BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal related to Mansagar lake
project, said that the previous BJP government wanted
partnership in the project. The reply irked the deputy leader
of opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari and BJP whip Rajendra Rathore.
With vociferous protests, the opposition BJP rushed to
the well following which the speaker assured them to expunge
the remarks of the minister from the record.
They returned back to their seats but minutes after
Tiwari announced to boycott the House.
Before their boycott, the Minister informed the House
that a private firm Jal Mahal Resorts pvt ltd was working as
per lease documents for developing facilities near the
Mansagar lake which included resort, craft village,restaurant,
food court and an amusement park.
She said that conservation work of the lake was being
carried by the Jaipur Development Authority (of the state
government) under a central government scheme and an empowered
committee of the state government will work for maintenance of
the lake once conservation work completes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow