Human sacrifice bid foiled in Rajasthan temple
Jaipur: A bid to carry out human sacrifice
was on Friday foiled in a temple in Rajasamand district of
Rajasthan today, police said.
Kesar Singh had, under the influence of alcohol, abducted
a 5-year-old boy Dashrath yesterday when he was playing in
Baloto village, they said.
Singh had taken the boy to a temple and attempted to slit
his throat with an axe when some children raised an alarm
following which he was nabbed by the locals.
The boy was rushed to hospital where he was being treated
for head injuries he sustained during the sacrifice bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli