I am not quitting BJP: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday dubbed as "misleading and baseless" media reports that she is likely to quit BJP and float her own party before Assembly Elections are held in the state in 2013.
In a statement circulated by the BJP headquarters here in Raje`s name, the leader said there is no need for her to give a clarification on her and her family`s relations with the party. She termed the news report a "political conspiracy" on the part of Congress and some selfish individuals.
"They want to harm my image by getting published such misleading and baseless reports against me in the media. I have the love and blessings of the people of Rajasthan. So, I am not going to get perturbed by such reports and neither are such reports going to break a strong party like BJP," Raje said in the statement.
Referring to the newspaper which carried this report, the BJP leader said "it is unfortunate that such a reputed newspaper has joined hands with such people to carry this report which is contemptous".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission