I am not quitting BJP: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday dubbed as "misleading and baseless" media reports that she is likely to quit BJP and float her own party before Assembly Elections are held in the state in 2013.
In a statement circulated by the BJP headquarters here in Raje`s name, the leader said there is no need for her to give a clarification on her and her family`s relations with the party. She termed the news report a "political conspiracy" on the part of Congress and some selfish individuals.
"They want to harm my image by getting published such misleading and baseless reports against me in the media. I have the love and blessings of the people of Rajasthan. So, I am not going to get perturbed by such reports and neither are such reports going to break a strong party like BJP," Raje said in the statement.
Referring to the newspaper which carried this report, the BJP leader said "it is unfortunate that such a reputed newspaper has joined hands with such people to carry this report which is contemptous".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal