I am not quitting BJP: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday dubbed as "misleading and baseless" media reports that she is likely to quit BJP and float her own party before Assembly Elections are held in the state in 2013.
In a statement circulated by the BJP headquarters here in Raje`s name, the leader said there is no need for her to give a clarification on her and her family`s relations with the party. She termed the news report a "political conspiracy" on the part of Congress and some selfish individuals.
"They want to harm my image by getting published such misleading and baseless reports against me in the media. I have the love and blessings of the people of Rajasthan. So, I am not going to get perturbed by such reports and neither are such reports going to break a strong party like BJP," Raje said in the statement.
Referring to the newspaper which carried this report, the BJP leader said "it is unfortunate that such a reputed newspaper has joined hands with such people to carry this report which is contemptous".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged