I am not quitting BJP: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday dubbed as "misleading and baseless" media reports that she is likely to quit BJP and float her own party before Assembly Elections are held in the state in 2013.
In a statement circulated by the BJP headquarters here in Raje`s name, the leader said there is no need for her to give a clarification on her and her family`s relations with the party. She termed the news report a "political conspiracy" on the part of Congress and some selfish individuals.
"They want to harm my image by getting published such misleading and baseless reports against me in the media. I have the love and blessings of the people of Rajasthan. So, I am not going to get perturbed by such reports and neither are such reports going to break a strong party like BJP," Raje said in the statement.
Referring to the newspaper which carried this report, the BJP leader said "it is unfortunate that such a reputed newspaper has joined hands with such people to carry this report which is contemptous".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!