I am not quitting BJP: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday dubbed as "misleading and baseless" media reports that she is likely to quit BJP and float her own party before Assembly Elections are held in the state in 2013.
In a statement circulated by the BJP headquarters here in Raje`s name, the leader said there is no need for her to give a clarification on her and her family`s relations with the party. She termed the news report a "political conspiracy" on the part of Congress and some selfish individuals.
"They want to harm my image by getting published such misleading and baseless reports against me in the media. I have the love and blessings of the people of Rajasthan. So, I am not going to get perturbed by such reports and neither are such reports going to break a strong party like BJP," Raje said in the statement.
Referring to the newspaper which carried this report, the BJP leader said "it is unfortunate that such a reputed newspaper has joined hands with such people to carry this report which is contemptous".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post