Jaipur HC orders inquiry into police action on advocates
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Friday ordered a judicial probe by a sitting judge into police actions on lawyers protesting in the capital for past two days.
Hearing a PIL, a division bench comprising Chief Justice Amitava Roy and Justice Ajay Rastogi directed the government not to give any posting to Jaipur Police Commissioner BL Soni and 8 others until the investigation is completed.
The lawyers were baton charged when they were marching towards the state Assembly on Wednesday during their agitation for better renumeration.
Some policemen were also injured in stone-pelting by the lawyers.
Violence again erupted yesterday after the lawyers, agitated over Wednesday`s baton charge, clashed with the police in and around the Session`s court campus.
The HC directed the police not to enter court premises without seeking prior permission from the concerned District Judge or the Chief Justice, as the case may be.
It further ruled that in case of any impasse between police and lawyers in future, a three-member committee headed by chairman of state bar council or his nominee, the Collector or SP of the district and the District Judge shall take decision on the disputed issues.
Meanwhile following the court orders, Kapil Garg has replaced BL Soni as Jaipur Police Commissioner.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference