Jodhpur police suspends SI for copying in university exam
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police was today suspended one of its officers after he had been allegedly found copying in a university examination in March.
Sub-Inspector Satya Prakash Bishnoi was serving as a Station House Officer (SHO) of Rajiv Gandhi Nagar police station at the time of his suspension, they said.
Besides copying, SHO Bishnoi also failed to inform the police department about the course he was pursuing.
"Though, the investigation against him is still under progress, the decision of his suspension was taken based upon the investigation in the case so far," DCP (West) Hinglaj Dan Charan, said.
He said, SHO Bishnoi had appeared in the LLB II year examination conducted by the Jai Narayan Vyas University of Jodhpur in March, this year.
On the day of examination of Family Law II paper, he was allegedly found copying by the flying squad.
Though, SHO Bishnoi allegedly tried to threaten the squad of his status, the flying squad still went ahead and made a case of copying against Bishnoi and forwarded it to the university administration for further action, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption