Jodhpur police suspends SI for copying in university exam
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police was today suspended one of its officers after he had been allegedly found copying in a university examination in March.
Sub-Inspector Satya Prakash Bishnoi was serving as a Station House Officer (SHO) of Rajiv Gandhi Nagar police station at the time of his suspension, they said.
Besides copying, SHO Bishnoi also failed to inform the police department about the course he was pursuing.
"Though, the investigation against him is still under progress, the decision of his suspension was taken based upon the investigation in the case so far," DCP (West) Hinglaj Dan Charan, said.
He said, SHO Bishnoi had appeared in the LLB II year examination conducted by the Jai Narayan Vyas University of Jodhpur in March, this year.
On the day of examination of Family Law II paper, he was allegedly found copying by the flying squad.
Though, SHO Bishnoi allegedly tried to threaten the squad of his status, the flying squad still went ahead and made a case of copying against Bishnoi and forwarded it to the university administration for further action, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics