Jodhpur police suspends SI for copying in university exam
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police was today suspended one of its officers after he had been allegedly found copying in a university examination in March.
Sub-Inspector Satya Prakash Bishnoi was serving as a Station House Officer (SHO) of Rajiv Gandhi Nagar police station at the time of his suspension, they said.
Besides copying, SHO Bishnoi also failed to inform the police department about the course he was pursuing.
"Though, the investigation against him is still under progress, the decision of his suspension was taken based upon the investigation in the case so far," DCP (West) Hinglaj Dan Charan, said.
He said, SHO Bishnoi had appeared in the LLB II year examination conducted by the Jai Narayan Vyas University of Jodhpur in March, this year.
On the day of examination of Family Law II paper, he was allegedly found copying by the flying squad.
Though, SHO Bishnoi allegedly tried to threaten the squad of his status, the flying squad still went ahead and made a case of copying against Bishnoi and forwarded it to the university administration for further action, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Arunachal CM reviews flood situation, may make aerial survey
- China sends Hong Kong journalists to up to 5 years in prison
- Goa minister uses racial slur for an African, apologises
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: Grappler fails second test, Rio Olympics dream all but over
- Kargil martyr's mother, widow battle over sharing compensation