Jodhpur police suspends SI for copying in university exam
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police was today suspended one of its officers after he had been allegedly found copying in a university examination in March.
Sub-Inspector Satya Prakash Bishnoi was serving as a Station House Officer (SHO) of Rajiv Gandhi Nagar police station at the time of his suspension, they said.
Besides copying, SHO Bishnoi also failed to inform the police department about the course he was pursuing.
"Though, the investigation against him is still under progress, the decision of his suspension was taken based upon the investigation in the case so far," DCP (West) Hinglaj Dan Charan, said.
He said, SHO Bishnoi had appeared in the LLB II year examination conducted by the Jai Narayan Vyas University of Jodhpur in March, this year.
On the day of examination of Family Law II paper, he was allegedly found copying by the flying squad.
Though, SHO Bishnoi allegedly tried to threaten the squad of his status, the flying squad still went ahead and made a case of copying against Bishnoi and forwarded it to the university administration for further action, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming