Kalisindh thermal power plant starts power generation
Kota: The first unit of Coal based Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant in Jhalawar district has commenced generation. Run by the Rajasthan Rajaya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (RRVUNL), the plant has been synchronised and power generation started late on Thursday night, an official said.
The boiler of the first unit with the capacity of 600 Megawatt power generation was light up on March 6 but could not be synchronized due to technical reasons and the efforts were on for same since then.
Chief engineer of Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant, S S Meena, said the first unit of the plant was synchronised late on Thursday night and power generation has started.
He said in the first week, 200-250 Megawatt power would be generated by operating the unit with Heavy Furnace Oil (HFO).
As the plant is thermal based, the unit will subsequently start generating power with coal fuel with its full capacity of 600 megawatt.
"After power generation of 60 per cent load, the unit would automatically generate power with coal fuel replacing Heavy Furnace Oil (HFO)", he said adding full generation in the first unit is expected to be achieved by the end of this month.
He said efforts are also on to expeditiously light up the second unit of the plant under the supervision 20 Chinese engineers.
"We intent to achieve our proposed target of generating 1,200 megawatt of power with both the units by June this year?, Meena added.
Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant would be the third such plant under Rajasthan Rajaya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited after the ones in Kota and Chabra in Baran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!