Kalisindh thermal power plant starts power generation
Kota: The first unit of Coal based Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant in Jhalawar district has commenced generation. Run by the Rajasthan Rajaya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (RRVUNL), the plant has been synchronised and power generation started late on Thursday night, an official said.
The boiler of the first unit with the capacity of 600 Megawatt power generation was light up on March 6 but could not be synchronized due to technical reasons and the efforts were on for same since then.
Chief engineer of Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant, S S Meena, said the first unit of the plant was synchronised late on Thursday night and power generation has started.
He said in the first week, 200-250 Megawatt power would be generated by operating the unit with Heavy Furnace Oil (HFO).
As the plant is thermal based, the unit will subsequently start generating power with coal fuel with its full capacity of 600 megawatt.
"After power generation of 60 per cent load, the unit would automatically generate power with coal fuel replacing Heavy Furnace Oil (HFO)", he said adding full generation in the first unit is expected to be achieved by the end of this month.
He said efforts are also on to expeditiously light up the second unit of the plant under the supervision 20 Chinese engineers.
"We intent to achieve our proposed target of generating 1,200 megawatt of power with both the units by June this year?, Meena added.
Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant would be the third such plant under Rajasthan Rajaya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited after the ones in Kota and Chabra in Baran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen