Lok Sabha polls: Rahul Gandhi promises to go all out to defeat BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Tonk: Addressing a rally in Tonk district`s Deoli town Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said on Monday that his party would go all out to fight the BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Launching the campaign in Rajasthan, Rahul said, “We want to do politics and run the government for those who run the country on a daily basis, namely chowkidars, taxi drivers, auto drivers and son on.”
Hitting out at Congress` main rival the BJP, Rahul said, “They (BJP) just want to benefit the rich if they come to power. But we want to help the downtrodden,” adding, “We will go on the road, will go to villages, we will go to streets and we will fight the BJP government in Rajasthan.”
Playing the youth card, he said, “After we lost the (Assembly) elections we made a youth as PCC president to represent your aspirations.”
Talking about the Congress` development agenda for Rajasthan Rahul said that they were building dedicated industrial and freight corridor and that the state will benefit from it. He also said that the Congress had industrial corridors from Delhi to Mumbai, Mumbai to Chennai and Delhi to Kolkata on its agenda. “This will create lakhs of jobs,” he said.
At the same time the Congress VP maintained, “We want more and more people to go to IIT`s and universities.”
Rahul Gandhi also promised to bring in new faces for every election. “We will put up new faces and young faces in Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha,” he said.
The Congress had lost the Assembly elections in Rajasthan in December last year. BJP under Vasundhara Raje had won the polls with a landslide victory decimating the Congress.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the upcoming General Elections. The Congress has not named anyone as their PM candidate.
Lok Sabha polls are to be held in the month of April and May and the counting of votes is to be done on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing