Man drowns in pond, body recovered in Bundi
Bundi: A 25-year-old man drowned in Rameshwar pond under Dablana police station area of the district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening when Rajesh Kumar, a resident of Sundernagar, Kota arrived at Rameshwar Mahadev temple here with his family members to enjoy a picnic, Station House Officer (SHO) Rohit Meena said.
"The man, while bathing under the waterfall, accidentally lost balance and slipped below into the deep pond", the SHO said, adding the rescue operation began last evening but the body could not be recovered due to darkness.
However, police and rescue team from Kota Nagar Nigam rescued the body this morning and handed it over to the parents who refused for post-mortem, Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city