Man drowns in pond, body recovered in Bundi
Bundi: A 25-year-old man drowned in Rameshwar pond under Dablana police station area of the district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening when Rajesh Kumar, a resident of Sundernagar, Kota arrived at Rameshwar Mahadev temple here with his family members to enjoy a picnic, Station House Officer (SHO) Rohit Meena said.
"The man, while bathing under the waterfall, accidentally lost balance and slipped below into the deep pond", the SHO said, adding the rescue operation began last evening but the body could not be recovered due to darkness.
However, police and rescue team from Kota Nagar Nigam rescued the body this morning and handed it over to the parents who refused for post-mortem, Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India