Man drowns in pond, body recovered in Bundi
Bundi: A 25-year-old man drowned in Rameshwar pond under Dablana police station area of the district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening when Rajesh Kumar, a resident of Sundernagar, Kota arrived at Rameshwar Mahadev temple here with his family members to enjoy a picnic, Station House Officer (SHO) Rohit Meena said.
"The man, while bathing under the waterfall, accidentally lost balance and slipped below into the deep pond", the SHO said, adding the rescue operation began last evening but the body could not be recovered due to darkness.
However, police and rescue team from Kota Nagar Nigam rescued the body this morning and handed it over to the parents who refused for post-mortem, Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India