No respite from icy winds in Rajasthan, Churu freezes at -1 deg C
Jaipur: There was no respite from cold wave in Rajasthan on Monday as icy winds and fog continued to affect normal life across the state with Churu becoming the coldest place at minus one degree Celsius.
Churu on the plains recorded a low of minus one degree C last night as against previous night`s minus 0.5 degree C, a report from the Meteorological department said.
Besides, Pilani and Mount Abu`s minimum temperature was nearing freezing point, 0.5 and 1.0 degree C respectively, affecting the civic water supply which got frozen.
The influx of tourists in Mount Abu on the eve of the New Year has also been partially affected due to the cold with icy flakes forming on the surface of Nakki Lake.
Hadoti region covering Kota, Anta, Baran, and Bundi received scattered rains this morning as a fresh western disturbance hit the eastern parts of the state.
Meanwhile, according to a state agriculture department official, rainy season would be beneficial to the standing rabi crops specially wheat and mustard.
The minimum temperature in rest of the state was less than 10.4 degree C with intense cold wave conditions sweeping across the state.
Jaipur`s minimum temperature rose to 7 degree C as against 4.5 degree C of yesterday, but the cloudy weather since morning meant there was no respite as the day temperature plummeted by two-three degree C, at about 18 degree C.
Jaisalmer recorded a minimum temperature of 5.8 deg C, Ajmer 6.5 deg C, Chittorgarh 7.5 deg C, Barmer 7.6 deg C, Jodhpur and Bikaner 8 deg C each, Udaipur 9 and Kota 10.4 degree Celsius.
No major respite from icy winds is expected in next 24 hours in the state as inclement weather (cold and rains) would continue to sweep north-eastern parts of the state, a forecast from MeT Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy