Prajapati case: 4 ex-Rajasthan policemen take to shootout spot
Palanpur: The four former Rajasthan
policemen arrested in Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case of
Gujarat were taken to the shootout site today and will be
produced in a court tomorrow, police officials said here.
Former Assistant Sub-Inspector Narayansingh Fateh
Singh Chauhan and Constables Dalapat Singh Khumansingh Rathod,
Kartarsingh Yadram Jat and Yuddhaveersingh Nathusingh Rajput
were posted at Udaipur at the time of the encounter.
They were taken to Chhpapari in Banaskantha district,
where the encounter took place nearly four years ago.
"All the four will be produced in Danta Civil Court
(in Banaskantha) on Friday on expiry of their ten-day police
custody," said DSP (CID Crime) R K Patel.
"We had taken the policemen to the (encounter) spot
and have done a panchanama as directed by the court. We will
request the court to extend their remand as some important
information about the case is yet to be gathered," he said.
According to the chargesheet, Prajapati, a key witness
in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, was gunned down on
December 28, 2006 by Chauhan and Rajput by their service
Then Superintendent of Police Udaipur Dinesh M N is
also an accused in the case. Dinesh, also an accused in the
Sohrabuddin case, is lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum