Prajapati case: 4 ex-Rajasthan policemen take to shootout spot
Palanpur: The four former Rajasthan
policemen arrested in Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case of
Gujarat were taken to the shootout site today and will be
produced in a court tomorrow, police officials said here.
Former Assistant Sub-Inspector Narayansingh Fateh
Singh Chauhan and Constables Dalapat Singh Khumansingh Rathod,
Kartarsingh Yadram Jat and Yuddhaveersingh Nathusingh Rajput
were posted at Udaipur at the time of the encounter.
They were taken to Chhpapari in Banaskantha district,
where the encounter took place nearly four years ago.
"All the four will be produced in Danta Civil Court
(in Banaskantha) on Friday on expiry of their ten-day police
custody," said DSP (CID Crime) R K Patel.
"We had taken the policemen to the (encounter) spot
and have done a panchanama as directed by the court. We will
request the court to extend their remand as some important
information about the case is yet to be gathered," he said.
According to the chargesheet, Prajapati, a key witness
in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, was gunned down on
December 28, 2006 by Chauhan and Rajput by their service
Then Superintendent of Police Udaipur Dinesh M N is
also an accused in the case. Dinesh, also an accused in the
Sohrabuddin case, is lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!