Raj: BJP objects to Pak minster meeting people
Ajmer: Rajasthan unit of the BJP on Sunday
accused Pakistani Commerce Minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim of
holding a meeting with people from border districts of Barmer
and Jaisailmer without permission from the administration
during his visit here.
"Fahim came to Ajmer as a state guest and without
informing the administration he collected five to six thousand
people from border districts," BJP Rajasthan Vice President
Onkar Singh Lakhavat said.
Alleging that the confidential meeting was organised
under the leadership of a Congress MLA Sale Mohammad, Lakhavat
said this is very dangerous for national security.
Local BJP MLA Vasudev Devnani and the party`s district
president Rasa Singh said the minister violated the protocol
by holding the meeting and demanded an inquiry into the
"It was a failure of intelligence agencies that a
Pakistani minister held a meeting in a hotel here without
permission," Devnani said.
Several people and large number of vehicles came into the
area when the minister held meeting on September 30, he
He demanded resignation of the state home minister
Shanti Dhariwal and that a protest be registered with Pakistan
over the violation of rules.
Fahim was in the city to visit the holy shrine of Sufi
Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!