Raj Chief Secretary goes on long leave
Jaipur; A day after BJP accused him of favouring state government in poll-bound Rajasthan, Chief Secretary CK Mathew on Wednesday night proceeded on a 58-day leave till completion of the election process in the state.
"I have sent leave application to the Department of Personnel, requesting for its sanction," Mathew told a news agency.
When asked about the reason for his leave, Mathew said, "It is an official matter and I cannot disclose it."
The letter will be taken up by the DoP tomorrow.
The BJP had yesterday demanded immediate shifting of Mathew, alleging that his working style was "doubtful" and the officer was "fulfilling interests of the state government."
The party had also alleged "gross violation" of model code of conduct in poll-bound Rajasthan, saying the state machinery was being misused to popularise government`s flagship schemes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'