Raj Chief Secretary goes on long leave
Jaipur; A day after BJP accused him of favouring state government in poll-bound Rajasthan, Chief Secretary CK Mathew on Wednesday night proceeded on a 58-day leave till completion of the election process in the state.
"I have sent leave application to the Department of Personnel, requesting for its sanction," Mathew told a news agency.
When asked about the reason for his leave, Mathew said, "It is an official matter and I cannot disclose it."
The letter will be taken up by the DoP tomorrow.
The BJP had yesterday demanded immediate shifting of Mathew, alleging that his working style was "doubtful" and the officer was "fulfilling interests of the state government."
The party had also alleged "gross violation" of model code of conduct in poll-bound Rajasthan, saying the state machinery was being misused to popularise government`s flagship schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok