Rajasthan announces quota in PDS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Friday
announced quota in the public distribution system (PDS) for
Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other
Backward Classes (OBC).
"The quota would be 16 per cent for SC, 12 per
cent for ST and 21 per cent for OBC," Rajasthan Food and
Civil Supply Minister, Babulal Nagar, told reporters here.
However, in the tribal areas of Shahabad and Kishangang,
the ration would be allocated to SC and ST at 50 per cent
quota, he said.
Of the total 23,800 ration shops in the state, 1140 are
vacant and 2700 new will be opened soon, Nagar said, adding
3840 of them would be allocated on the basis of reservation.
"A new roaster system would be adopted for PDS shops
allocation," the minister said.
One PDS shop would now be made available for every 500
ration card holders, replacing the previous one for every
700-800 card holders in the area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal