Rajasthan announces quota in PDS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Friday
announced quota in the public distribution system (PDS) for
Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other
Backward Classes (OBC).
"The quota would be 16 per cent for SC, 12 per
cent for ST and 21 per cent for OBC," Rajasthan Food and
Civil Supply Minister, Babulal Nagar, told reporters here.
However, in the tribal areas of Shahabad and Kishangang,
the ration would be allocated to SC and ST at 50 per cent
quota, he said.
Of the total 23,800 ration shops in the state, 1140 are
vacant and 2700 new will be opened soon, Nagar said, adding
3840 of them would be allocated on the basis of reservation.
"A new roaster system would be adopted for PDS shops
allocation," the minister said.
One PDS shop would now be made available for every 500
ration card holders, replacing the previous one for every
700-800 card holders in the area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row