Rajasthan Assembly bypolls: No nomination filed so far
Jaipur: No nomination was filed for bypolls to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan till third day on Friday, an Election Commission official said here.
The bypolls to Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies are slated for September 13.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan CEO Govind Sharma held a meeting with the special DGP-Law and Order Navdeep Singh for conducting free and fair polls, he said.
DGP Singh has assured him to provide fool-proof law and order management during the polls, the spokesman added.
However, Congress has fielded candidates for Nasirabad and Weir Assembly bypolls, a PCC spokesperson said here. The last date of filing nomination paper will be August 27, scrutiny of papers will take place on August 28, and withdrawal by August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed