Rajasthan Assembly bypolls: No nomination filed so far
Jaipur: No nomination was filed for bypolls to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan till third day on Friday, an Election Commission official said here.
The bypolls to Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies are slated for September 13.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan CEO Govind Sharma held a meeting with the special DGP-Law and Order Navdeep Singh for conducting free and fair polls, he said.
DGP Singh has assured him to provide fool-proof law and order management during the polls, the spokesman added.
However, Congress has fielded candidates for Nasirabad and Weir Assembly bypolls, a PCC spokesperson said here. The last date of filing nomination paper will be August 27, scrutiny of papers will take place on August 28, and withdrawal by August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video