Rajasthan Assembly bypolls: No nomination filed so far
Jaipur: No nomination was filed for bypolls to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan till third day on Friday, an Election Commission official said here.
The bypolls to Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies are slated for September 13.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan CEO Govind Sharma held a meeting with the special DGP-Law and Order Navdeep Singh for conducting free and fair polls, he said.
DGP Singh has assured him to provide fool-proof law and order management during the polls, the spokesman added.
However, Congress has fielded candidates for Nasirabad and Weir Assembly bypolls, a PCC spokesperson said here. The last date of filing nomination paper will be August 27, scrutiny of papers will take place on August 28, and withdrawal by August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands