Rajasthan budget inflationary, anti-people: BJP
Jaipur: Terming the Rajasthan budget as
anti-people and inflationary, Opposition BJP today said it has
nothing new in the crucial areas like education and health.
"Nothing was done in education and medical sector to
which people are directly linked," Deputy Leader of Opposition
Ghanshayam Tiwari told reporters.
"By making certain proposals with regard to aided
educational institutions, the government has shown its
intention of withdrawing assistance to such institutions,
which would ultimately ruin them," Tiwari claimed.
The BJP leader also criticised the government`s proposal
to increase the electricity rate by 10 paise per unit for
customers who uses over 100 units in Municipal areas.
"Increasing tax on vehicles is another anti-people
announcement made by the Chief Minister who is also a poor
finance minister of the state," he said, adding the budget
would disturb the economic structure of the state.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) MLA Amra Ram also said the budget was
totally inflationary and nothing admirable was done by the
government except proposal of raising pension.
"The budget is disappointing and against the hopes of
people, who were expecting positive announcements related to
prevailing problems of inflation, water crisis etc. Increase
in VAT will surely raise inflation," he said.
However, he said, announcement of increasing pensions is
a good decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray