Rajasthan cabinet clears policy aiming to address women issues
Jaipur: Rajasthan cabinet on Friday cleared a policy aiming to intensify the fight against female foeticide, and women exploitation, so as to ensure a secured environment for the fairer sex in the state.
On the eve of the National Youth Day, the cabinet passed the policy in a meeting here, which was chaired by the state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
"Detailed directions for arrangements of education, health, social security for girls and their protection from violence, exploitation, harassment are there in the policy which would prove a milestone in reinstatement of their dignity," according to an official spokesperson.
The policy would also address the issue of female foeticide much effectively, he said.
A committee will be constituted in the chairmanship of chief minister for the execution of the policy. Various departments will have to make action plan according to the policy and ensure effective implementation, the spokesman said.
In the cabinet meeting, the state`s youth policy for the current year was also cleared to ensure participation of youths in the development and growth of the state.
The new policy replaces youth policy 2008 and promotes youth-related developmental works in all the government departments, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit
- Brexit: London stock market plunges 8.0%
- Nadda reviews polio immunisation campaign in Telangana