Rajasthan cabinet clears policy aiming to address women issues
Jaipur: Rajasthan cabinet on Friday cleared a policy aiming to intensify the fight against female foeticide, and women exploitation, so as to ensure a secured environment for the fairer sex in the state.
On the eve of the National Youth Day, the cabinet passed the policy in a meeting here, which was chaired by the state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
"Detailed directions for arrangements of education, health, social security for girls and their protection from violence, exploitation, harassment are there in the policy which would prove a milestone in reinstatement of their dignity," according to an official spokesperson.
The policy would also address the issue of female foeticide much effectively, he said.
A committee will be constituted in the chairmanship of chief minister for the execution of the policy. Various departments will have to make action plan according to the policy and ensure effective implementation, the spokesman said.
In the cabinet meeting, the state`s youth policy for the current year was also cleared to ensure participation of youths in the development and growth of the state.
The new policy replaces youth policy 2008 and promotes youth-related developmental works in all the government departments, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation