Rajasthan cabinet clears policy aiming to address women issues
Jaipur: Rajasthan cabinet on Friday cleared a policy aiming to intensify the fight against female foeticide, and women exploitation, so as to ensure a secured environment for the fairer sex in the state.
On the eve of the National Youth Day, the cabinet passed the policy in a meeting here, which was chaired by the state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
"Detailed directions for arrangements of education, health, social security for girls and their protection from violence, exploitation, harassment are there in the policy which would prove a milestone in reinstatement of their dignity," according to an official spokesperson.
The policy would also address the issue of female foeticide much effectively, he said.
A committee will be constituted in the chairmanship of chief minister for the execution of the policy. Various departments will have to make action plan according to the policy and ensure effective implementation, the spokesman said.
In the cabinet meeting, the state`s youth policy for the current year was also cleared to ensure participation of youths in the development and growth of the state.
The new policy replaces youth policy 2008 and promotes youth-related developmental works in all the government departments, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi