Rajasthan cabinet clears policy aiming to address women issues
Jaipur: Rajasthan cabinet on Friday cleared a policy aiming to intensify the fight against female foeticide, and women exploitation, so as to ensure a secured environment for the fairer sex in the state.
On the eve of the National Youth Day, the cabinet passed the policy in a meeting here, which was chaired by the state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
"Detailed directions for arrangements of education, health, social security for girls and their protection from violence, exploitation, harassment are there in the policy which would prove a milestone in reinstatement of their dignity," according to an official spokesperson.
The policy would also address the issue of female foeticide much effectively, he said.
A committee will be constituted in the chairmanship of chief minister for the execution of the policy. Various departments will have to make action plan according to the policy and ensure effective implementation, the spokesman said.
In the cabinet meeting, the state`s youth policy for the current year was also cleared to ensure participation of youths in the development and growth of the state.
The new policy replaces youth policy 2008 and promotes youth-related developmental works in all the government departments, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported